Hello Dear Friends,
Normally I take care to post my recipes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I try not to disturb this order as long as it is not something important. Since I will be shooting outside all day tomorrow, I took the Friday recipe for today :)
Meatballs with yufka are an elegant way to use your leftover phyllo from pastry or ground beef that has been waiting in the freezer. From 2 phyllo dough, enough phyllo meatballs come out to feed 2 people well. If you are going to prepare it for a large group, you can increase the amount of phyllo and ground meat in the right proportion. Take it with a soup, a salad, a perfect menu for you :)
I prepared the recipe with fresh phyllo dough I bought from the market yesterday. It will be better to make it with thin phyllo dough that you buy from the phyllo store instead of the packaged phyllo that is sold in the markets. If you don't have a pastry shop near you and you have to buy it from the market, I suggest you wet the dough with a brush while folding it. Thus, it will not dry out more than necessary.
Ingredients for Meatballs Recipe
- 2 pieces of dough
- 300 g ground beef (medium fat)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of parsley
- black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of chili paste (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 tea glass of water
How to Make Meatballs with Meatballs Recipe?
- Grate the onions and garlic. Finely chop the parsley.
- Take the minced meat in a deep mixing bowl, add salt, pepper and other ingredients to it and knead.
- Lay the first sheet of dough on the counter and fold it in half with the wide side facing you. Spread half of the patty evenly in a strip on the wide side of the phyllo and roll it up.
- Wet the ends of the dough and make it stick and cut 10 slices of equal thickness.
- Line up 5 bottles of 2 and put them on the baking tray. Do the same with the other dough.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the skewers, add the peppers and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, fry the butter and tomato paste in a small saucepan. Add water and salt and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked meatballs to the serving plate. Serve with yogurt, tomatoes, peppers and sauce.
Note: If you want the dough to be extra fried as in the photo, you can cook the oven grill for 2-3 more minutes.