It was raining in the city today. We awoke to the misty, cold and wet earth at dawn. I couldn't see the rain in my warm bed, I could only hear it, but the view outside was coming to life before my eyes. While the leaves of the trees, which were cut off by the force of the rain, were flying around, a cat was crouching in a corner.
A crow perched on the fence in the garden, perhaps after prey. I don't understand why, when cold weather is mentioned, my mind always evokes a crow. Deserted streets, roads, closed shutters, dreams before the rain emerge from the smoky chimneys of their hiding rooms. Crispy wood stove, scratched chestnuts and quince peels.
It's me lying on the mother-in-law's mat, thrown somewhere behind the stove. Then my clock, which I postponed 4 times, rings again. I have to get up from my warm bed, but tomorrow there is rain in Istanbul…
This is how it developed this morning. I had to get out of bed by force :) I made this dessert that I had in mind for a long time, taking shelter of the cold weather excuse. It has earned the right to be among my favorite recipes because it is light and easy.
You can watch the video of the recipe here
Ingredients for Yufkali Kadayif Wrap Recipe
- 2 phyllo (regular phyllo phyllo)
- 250-300 gr. Shredded dough baked in syrup topped with crushed nuts
- 200 gr. coarsely chopped walnuts
- 150 gr. butter (you can use margarine but butter works great)
For the syrup:
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 water glass of water
- 5-6 drops of lemon juice
How to Make Yufkali Kadayif Wrap Recipe?
- Put all the ingredients of the sherbet in the pot, bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally. When the syrup becomes thick, add lemon juice to it, boil it for 1 hour and leave it to cool.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Lay the first phyllo on your kitchen counter and apply butter on it with the help of a brush. Lay the second phyllo on it and brush with butter.
- Tear all the kadayif in your hand and spread it on the dough.
- Make a roll by sprinkling the ground walnuts on the kadaifs.
- Cut it into pieces almost 2-3 cm thick, not so thick as in the photo.
- Grease my pan, arrange the slices side by side on top. Drizzle remaining butter on top of desserts.
- Bake in the oven at 190 degrees until well browned.
- When the fried sweets take their first heat, drizzle the cold syrup on it, after 5-6 minutes, turn the dessert inside out while it is warm. Take the syrup on a serving plate, sprinkle walnuts on it and serve.