Today, I brought one of the most popular flavors of Turkish cuisine to my table – Müceddere Pilaf!
This pilaf, enriched with green lentils and flavored with spices, will make your stomach and soul happy. If you're looking for a healthy and flavorful option, this recipe is for you.
Don't forget to share your comments with me when you try it :)
Bulgur Pilaf with Green Lentils – Ingredients for Müceddere Pilaf Recipe
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiled green lentils
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 spoonful butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (tomato-pepper mixed)
- 2 cups hot water + 1 cup broth
- Salt, pepper, cumin
Bulgur Pilaf with Green Lentils – How to Make Müceddere Pilaf Recipe?
1. Chop the onion for edibles. Finely chop the garlic.
2. Add butter and olive oil to the pot, add the onion and fry until it turns pink. Add the tomato paste and fry until its smell disappears.
3. Add bulgur and garlic to the pot and continue roasting.
4. Add water and spices, add green lentils and mix.
5. Close the lid of the pot. Cook over medium heat until the water evaporates.
6. Turn off the heat of the rice and let it brew for about 10 minutes. Serve hot.