Hello Dear Friends,
Until today, we have made the preliminary preparations for tomorrow's shoot. We cooked the things that need to be cooked and set them aside. Since my hands are in the dough, the vinegar cookies came out when I was trying to knead something :)
Preparations for the relocation work are in full swing. Over the years, we forgot how hard it was. And when it came to my busiest week, everything got mixed up.
If I can get through this week, next week is the job of arranging the new house. Now we do it slowly.
I wouldn't be exaggerating if I say that the dough for this cookie is as tough as the week I spent it :) Again, it is a dough that needs to be kneaded a lot and comes together with yoghurt. Don't take an approach like I tried it, I added water, you will spoil the whole texture.
You will love the taste it leaves on your palate after cooking. Even if it's a little tedious, you should definitely try it.
By the way, I continue to share photos of the recipes you cook in my Instagram story. So you can take a photo of the food you prepared with my recipe and send it to me :) Don't forget to follow @ Mutfaksirlari account!
What is Mahlep? Those who are interested can find my article here.
Ingredients for Mahlep Cookies with Vinegar
- 125 g butter
- 1 tea cup oil
- 2 tablespoon of black seed
- 1 sweet spice salt
- 1 teaspoon mahleb
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 water glass flour
How to Make Mahlep Cookies with Vinegar?
- Take the butter, vegetable oil, vinegar and baking powder at room temperature into the mixing bowl.
- Start kneading the dough by adding mahaleb, granulated sugar, salt, black cumin and 3 cups of flour.
- It will be like sand at first but will come together as you keep kneading with both hands.
- Take walnut-sized pieces from the collected dough and arrange them on the baking tray with greaseproof paper at 3-4 cm intervals.
- In the oven preheated to 180 degrees, until the top is lightly browned (bake for about 20 minutes)
- Serve when completely cooled.