Hello Dear Friends,
We started the week with a beautiful morning where spring makes itself felt, I hope our week will continue like this with daily sunshine and peace.
I prepared before cocoa sponge cake tried many times and liked by my followers. Of course, many of them asked how we can make plain sponge cake. In fact, the method is the same, we remove the cocoa and add the same amount of flour instead.
I wrote the tricks you need to pay attention to when preparing sponge cake in my recipe for cocoa sponge cake, but I'll leave it here as a note.
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Make sure the ingredients are fresh.
- Never mix yellow into egg whites, so be careful when breaking them.
- It is very important that the container and mixer you will use are clean and dry.
- Whisk the egg whites until they do not fall out of the bowl.
- Beat the egg yolks until the sugar dissolves.
- While adding the eggs and dry ingredients, mix them upwards at the bottom so that the egg whites do not deflate. Do not crush the egg whites.
- Make sure that no flour or cocoa lumps remain in the sponge cake.
- Be sure to preheat the oven to full temperature.
- Never open the oven door for the first 20-25 minutes when you put the sponge cake in the oven.
I prepared before pastry cream You can find my recipe here.
You can use it to cover your cake. chocolate ganache You can find the recipe here.
Video Description of the Recipe:
How to Make Plain Sponge Cake? Ingredients for the Recipe
- 6 medium egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup of flour + 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1-2 drops of vanilla flavoring
- half a pack of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- butter to grease the bottom of the mold
How to Make Plain Sponge Cake? How To Make The Recipe?
- Separate the whites and yolks of the eggs.
- Add half of the granulated sugar and vanilla flavoring to the egg yolks. Beat until the granulated sugar dissolves and the yolks turn white.
- Add the remaining granulated sugar and a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat until it becomes like snow.
- Mix the egg whites that you have fluffed with a spatula from the bottom up in 3-4 times and mix them into the egg yolks.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture and add it 2-3 times.
- Lay greaseproof paper under the circle mold and press it by folding the edges so that the dough does not flow.
- Grease the parchment paper with butter and pour the sponge cake dough into the mold.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Let the cooked sponge cake cool on a wire for at least 1 hour.
- Carefully separate the cake from the mold by inserting a knife into the edge of the mold.
- You can cut the sponge cake into 2 or 3 pieces and use it in your cakes.