Hello Dear Friends,
I didn't even realize how the time passed when I said cleaning and treats before the holiday... One misses these cute hassles :)
Bu festive chocolate And instead of serving sugar, I wanted to try something different and decided to prepare Turkish delight cookies that I had in mind for a long time.
I blindfolded the cookie dough, but I also used my scale when making additions. It was so light and delicious that I can't describe it (you have to try it for sure :)) When the flavor of the Turkish delight is added to the lightness of the dough, a perfect cookie came out.
My wife bought mixed Turkish delight instead of one type. I prefer Turkish coffee and rose, but I am sure that you will be very pleased with the result, no matter which Turkish delight you use.
May it be a wonderful holiday that we will spend with our loved ones and loved ones. May the festive joy in your home never end.
Ingredients for Turkish Delight Cookies & Holiday Treat Recipe
- 150 g butter
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt (60 g)
- 2,5 cups of flour (250 g)
- Half a tea glass of powdered sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Turkish delight varieties
For the above:
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Turkish Delight Cookies & Holiday Treats Recipe?
- Take the flour, baking powder and powdered sugar into a deep mixing bowl. Add room temperature yogurt and butter on it.
- Knead until you get a non sticky dough. Make it into a meringue as in the photo, stretch it and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Set the oven to 180 degrees and start heating.
- Divide the cookie dough into 4 parts and take the first part on the floured counter and roll it out with the help of a rolling pin.
- Cut 1,5-2 cm thick strips from the dough you have rolled out with the help of a knife. Divide the Turkish delights into two pieces and put the part you cut on the end of the strip and wrap it as in the photo.
- If you are going to make covered cookies, break off walnut-sized pieces from the dough. After rolling it with your hand, open it as in the photo. Close it by putting 1 whole Turkish delight inside and smooth it out by rolling it again with your hand.
- Arrange all the cookies on the baking tray. If you made it in strips, bake for 15 minutes, if you made it in balls, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve the cookies, sprinkled with powdered sugar, from the oven.