Hello Dear Friends,
When we say katmer-katlama, katmer-palaz, not a day goes by that we don't learn a new katmer recipe :) I love the recipes made with the same name in the vast geography of the country, using water and flour, and so diversified.
This katmer is one of the most delicious pastries I have eaten recently. For now, I'm sharing the plain one with you, but the versions that you can prepare just like pancakes with different fillings are also legendary.
I love to eat it plain for breakfast, but it is also great with meat dishes.
with me when you try my recipe Don't forget to share on instagram :)
I would love to share my recipes with your photos in my story :) My Instagram account: @kitchensirlari
Katmer – Ingredients for Malatya Katmeri Recipe
- 1 pieces of eggs
- 1 package baking powder
- 1 pack of instant yeast
- 2 sweet spice salt
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 5 cups + half a cup of flour
- 2 glass of warm water
- butter for brushing after cooking
Katmer – How to Make Malatya Katmeri Recipe?
- Take the yeast in a glass, add 1 teaspoon of sugar to the warm water and mix. Wait for 1-2 minutes. (yeast will rise and activate)
- Crack the egg into the mixing bowl. Add the yeast mixed with water on top and mix.
- Add 1-2 cups of flour, add baking powder on top and add an average of 3-3,5 cups of flour and knead a dough that does not stick to the hand. (If you add the flour cup by cup, it will be easier to stick.)
- Transfer the gathered dough to the lightly floured kitchen counter and knead for another 3-4 minutes.
- Put the dough in a kneading bowl, cover it and let it rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Take the risen dough on the floured counter and divide it into meringues of the size and quantity you want.
- Roll out each meringues slightly larger than the pie plate. Do the same for all the meringues.
- Cook in a greased and heated teflon pan until the top and bottom are browned.
- Spread butter on the cooked katmer. Stack on top of each other by applying the same process to all other layers. Serve warm or hot.