Making stuffed meatballs has always intimidated me. During my Kivahan internship, it was a great chance for me to learn this business from real masters and to practice a lot.
I have prepared a detailed recipe for those who are intimidated like me…
During the production stages, Kasım Usta was my subject model. :) mother and daughter I learned how to make stuffed meatballs and how to cover meatballs from him.
I think it's time to get a meat grinder for Kitchen Aid. If you have a meat grinder, kneading the coating mortar a little and pulling it out of the machine 2 times gives a perfect consistency.
Good luck to all of you… Love!!!
Ingredients for Kibbeh Recipe
- Half a kilo of fine-meatball bulgur
- 250 gr. 2 minced meatballs
- Half a glass of semolina
- 1 pieces of eggs
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of pepper paste
- If there is no meat grinder, water to soak the bulgur
- 500 gr. medium fat ground beef
- 3 spoonful butter
- 2 medium onion
- 1 cup coarsely ground walnuts or pistachios
- Black pepper, salt, paprika
Making the meatball
- Take the butter in a large pot or pan. Fry the finely chopped onions on medium heat until they turn slightly pink. Then add the ground beef and fry it until it releases its water.
- Add walnuts and spices and fry for 2-3 more minutes. Take it from the stove.
- First, roll and squeeze the cooled stuffing in your hand and shape it as in photo 1, cover it with cling film and put it in the refrigerator. Let the insides solidify until the outer dough is ready.
Making the Outer Dough:
- Add enough boiling water to cover the fine bulgur and wait for it to swell. Add all the remaining ingredients into the swelling bulgur and knead for about 15 minutes (by adding water in between).
- Oil your hands, break off large pieces from the egg from the mortar that has reached the consistency, and roll it in your palm.
- Make a hole in the middle of the dough that you have rolled in your palm, pressing slowly in the middle of the dough and squeezing it from the sides, as in the photo.
- When the hole in the dough is big enough, put the solidified stuffing inside.
- Make all the stuffing by twisting it in your hand and pressing it gently. Squeeze and straighten the end to be closed without damaging the dough (if there is any excess, you can tear it off from the end.)
- Arrange the stuffed meatballs on a wide tray, leaving a gap.
- Heat the oil generously in a wide and deep saucepan. Fry the meatballs in hot oil until their crust thickens, and transfer them to a napkin lined plate with the help of a colander.
To cook by boiling:
- To boil, water is boiled in a deep bowl, salt and a little oil are added to the water. The meatballs are cooked in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. The meatballs taken out of the water are placed on serving plates so that they do not touch each other.