Goulash is one of the traditional dishes of Hungary, when I started the Dukan diet, I went to town to stock up on attack phase proteins for 4 days. Of course, when I said it was chicken, I decided to buy beef goulash, which is the leanest meat in my eyes.
This recipe is normally prepared by mixing butter and oil, but I cooked it in a cast iron pan and did not add any oil. You can consume onions and garlic during the attack phase, but without exaggeration, so it is better to flavor your meat with spices.
Today I started the Cruise, that is, the vegetable + protein phase. I have a lot to write, but I haven't had the opportunity yet. I hope my post will be with you during the day.
Ingredients for Goulash (Attack Period Recipes)
- 300 g beef goulash
- 1 small onion
- 1 cloves of garlic
- black pepper
- dry mint
- optional dried mint and cumin
- Red pepper
- 3 glasses of water (add more hot water if needed)
You can add 1-2 tomatoes in the cruise phase.
How to Make Goulash (Attack Period Recipes) Recipe?
- Put the meat in a pot and fry it on high heat until it releases its juice. Add the chopped onions and garlic and fry until they turn pink.
- Add all the spices except salt and put the water on it.
- Cook on low heat until the meat is tender. (it takes almost 1,5 hours)
- When the meat is tender, add salt and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with chopped onion and parsley, if desired.