Making ketchup at home is not as difficult as you think. Moreover, the best part is that with your favorite spices, a taste that is as good as the ready-made ones emerges!
The most important point you should pay attention to when making ketchup at home is to boil it sufficiently and strain it well. In addition to the flavor of the spices coming from below, the balance of sugar and vinegar is also important.
You will definitely find the sweetness and slight sourness we are accustomed to in this recipe. Of course, the sweetness and sourness of tomatoes are also important. It would be better if you continue the cooking process by tasting it.
How to Make Ketchup at Home? Ingredients for the Recipe
• 2 kilos of tomatoes
• 2 capia pepper
• 5 cloves of garlic
• 2 medium sized red onions
• 3/4 tablespoon of oil
• 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or 7 thieves' vinegar
• Half a glass of granulated sugar
• 3 cloves
• Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
• 2 bay leaves
• Salt according to your taste
• Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Ketchup at Home? How to Make Recipe Recipe?
1. Heat the oil in a deep pot. Add the onion, garlic and capsicum to the heated oil.
2. Add granulated sugar and spices and fry. Continue roasting until caramelized.
3. Add the vinegar and chopped tomatoes. Add salt and pepper and mix.
4. If you want, pressure cook for 5 minutes at this point to shorten the cooking time. Blend the cooked tomatoes, add the bay leaf and continue cooking until it thickens.
5. Pass the ketchup through a strainer to make it smooth. If you want, put it back in the sauce pot and cook over medium heat until it reaches the density you want.
6. You can serve your cooked ketchup once it has cooled down.