Hello Dear Friends,
It was time to update this recipe, which I published a long time ago, to make it more practical and to clarify the measurements. I prepared before Tips for Preparing Tart Dough You already know my spelling. For those who missed here I am linking again :)
This time I used pastry cream for the strawberry tart filling. I think pastry cream suits tarts as well as cakes. In the pastry cream I use here, I increased the amount of fat and sugar a little, as I used white chocolate and extra cream, as I prepared in cakes. So in this way, it has become quite suitable to use as a tart filling.
I also attach the video of the pastry cream to the article. You can prepare it like in this video. I will also add the video of the tart base as soon as possible :)
Pastry Cream Video Recipe:
Strawberry Tart Video Recipe:
Although it may seem a bit of a hassle, when you look it over at the end and taste a slice, you realize that it is really worth a little effort. In the meantime, you can add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest to give flavor to the dough.
Note: My tart mold is 27 cm.
For the Tart Base:
Ingredients for Strawberry Tart Recipe
- 230 g flour
- 150 gr. butter (cold diced)
- 100 gr. powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 egg yolk
- 30 g cocoa
For the Pastry Cream:
- 5 egg yolk
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 50 g starch
- 500 ml milk
- 35 g butter
- 1-2 drops of vanilla flavoring
For the top:
- half a kilo of fresh strawberries
How to Make Strawberry Tart Recipe?
- Before & Prepare the pastry creamand leave to cool in the refrigerator.
- Take the flour, powdered sugar, salt and cocoa in the bowl of the food processor, close the lid and turn the robot on to mix.
- While the robot is running, throw the cold butter cubes 2 by 2 on it.
- When the butter is mixed with the flour and becomes lumpy, add the egg yolks one by one.
- When the dough starts to come together slightly, add the vanilla extract and mix for another 15-20 seconds, take the dough to the counter.
- Gather and stretch the dough with your hands and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Grease and flour the tart mold. Open the rested dough a little larger than the tart mold and lay it in the mold. Smooth the excess dough over the edges of the mold with your hands.
- With a knife or fork, make holes in the tart base so that it does not rise.
- Cover the dough in the mold with greaseproof paper, put 1 glass of dried chickpeas to make it heavier and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- At the end of 30 minutes, take the baked tart from the oven. Take the wax paper and chickpeas on the top for quick cooling.
- Spread the cooled tart pastry cream with the help of a spatula.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries starting from the middle and serve by slicing the tart that you have rested in the refrigerator for 1 hour.